April 1, 2008

Three more records to go ..



Boris: "Smile"

At first I found this record really strange and I didn't really like it. Then after hearing it a lot of times I think it's genious - simply genious. These guys are marvelous, and I hope they will play like this when the visit Copenhagen the next time. DL >>

Atomic Workers: "Embryonic Suicide"
I've writtenabout AW before. Their second album "Wall of Water Behind Me" took me by surprise. This first one is more acid drenched and ends with a long really freaked out insto song. It's a great band of Italians with Gary Ramon of Sun Dial doing some guitar, sitar and stuff.

Howlin Rain: "Wild Life"
Recently Howlin Rain released their second album "Magnificent Fiend". This is two jams out on Three Lobed Recordings as part of the "Oscillation III" series. And with Ben Chasny and Utrillo Kushner on board this is more Comets on Fire than the last record. The two jams are almost 15 min each! The first is great with nice vocals - the second is more so-so and a little bit too much without direction. But a cool release. DL >>